Wednesday, 8 January 2014
Research to planning
The initial research is important whilst making a film or film opening sequence as it allows us to look at other films of similar genres and identity the main features. It also shows us the conventional features that should be included. Firstly I researched the functions of a film opening sequence, I found that establishing the genre is important as this needs to be made clear to the audience. Genre is established using the features of mise-en-scene. I then looked into the timeline of an opening sequence of other films. This helped me to identify the timings and features that will be needed in our opening sequence. After this research I made a post about our initial ideas for our film opening sequence. We came up with three small ideas then picked one and elaborated on it. We discovered that creative camera angles were a key feature to a successful film opening sequence as they can also be used to show the genre of the film.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment