Monday, 16 September 2013

Continuity task



What went well?
I think that the match on action during the clip where the actor goes through the door is good as the door is at the same angle when filming on one side of the door to the other. This makes the clip look seamless and makes the audience believe that it happened all at the same time. For this reason I don't think this needs any futher improvement if I were to do this again.


 

What didn't go well and how would I improve it next time?

When the actor is going down the stairs the clip appears to be wobbly. This is because a tripod wasn't used as we followed the actor down the stairs instead of having it in a fixed position therefore we were unable to get a smooth clip. To avoid this from happening again I will film the enitre film with a tripod and find a suitable place where you can see the action happening without having to move the camera therefore making the quality of the clip suffer.



The transition from the actor walking down the stairs to taking her seat at the bottom doesn't quite show very good match on action. This is because the actor wasn't filmed traveling from the bottom of the stairs to the place where she started walking from the bottom therefore making it look jumpy. To prevent this from happening again I will make sure that the whole journey is filmed as it can be confusing to the audience if they don't see everything that happened.




The last thing that I would improve next time is the use of dialogue. The eye lines were good but there needs to be more dialogue included to show the shot reverse shot rule to its full potentiol. I will do this by extending my dialogue therefore creating more opportunity to film the actors and show the use of shot reverse shot.



No comments:

Post a Comment